Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep05 - Like Irregular Heartbeats

Episode 5 – Like Irregular Heartbeats

Butlers were panicking as if doomsday had been decided recently, and it was going to come soon. Males and females were rushing in and out, preparing a grand welcome for their mistress. The act of drama that was heating up in the room, of course they knew about it. Of course the butlers were well aware of the slap fest that had taken place in the dining hall that night, but what was coming, was bigger. What was coming, could not wait. Every bit of the huge mansion was being cleaned, every flower was being bathed, every curtain, was closed. A sound of a car braking could be heard from outside the house, and all the butlers were becoming more restless.

“She’s here!” Shouted one of the butlers.

All of them lined up tidily in front of the mansion’s entrance, anticipating the arrival of their mistress. Minutes later, the door was slowly being opened. The head of butlers, Cristiano,was gulping whilst endlessly sweating. There she was, the mistress the Berries, Jizzy’s beloved wife, Tinyberry, all dressed with jewels from head to toe.

“I saw familiar cars parked outside, are they inside Cris?” Asked Tiny as soon as she walked in.

“Yes Madam, they’re in the dining hall.”Answered Cristiano, the Portugese butler.

“Perfect.” Said Tiny with a sinister smile upon her face.

The war was far from over. If they knew Tiny had returned, the story would have been different in the dining hall that night, but that was not the case. Smelly was in front of me, contemplating what she was about to do. Behind her, stood Apple, tall and proud, risen from her sudden fall, more than ready to unleash her thunder. As I lifted my hand up to stop Apple, the door was opened proudly, and everyone in it stopped their current action, and spectated the figure marching into the hall. Jizzy’s mouth was half-opened with bread and butter occupying both his palms, Mushy cursed in his heart quietly, cursing the bad timing. Ribena and Kitty looked at each other in disbelief, and later, very much relieved. The three of us, Apple, Smelly and I looked at Tiny with our faces filled with guilt, and more of it. Apple’s 10 fingers were gently placed between her lips, portraying her shocked feelings and fear, Smelly on the other hand, was captivated by the jewels hanging on Tiny.

“Honey, you’re back!” Said Jizzy, quickly throwing the bread and butter he was holding.

“I came home earlier than expected, only to find hooliganism being practiced in my hall. What in the world is going on here?! STRAW?!” Scolded Tiny, while glaring at me with every intention of harm.

I was stunned, as if being ganged by nukers in DOTA. Nothing, not a sound, not a word came out of my shaking mouth. I looked at my wife, hoping that she could lend me a helping hand. Her marble brown eyes were locked upon the jewels, and I knew she was useless.

“WELL?!” Shouted Tiny.

We all looked at each other, thinking about the hooliganism we had conducted there and then. Apple was ashamed, she looked down to the floor, wishing it was a pond, a big pond so she could just drown herself, but she knew this was not an episode of Harry Potter, this was reality, this was happening.

“Thank god you’re back! Straw was going to divorce Smelly.” Ribena foolishly informed Tiny.

“WHAT?!” Screeched Tiny, and I knew, doomsday was near.

As lies and twisting words were being conjoined far deep in my brain, my phone rang. I could not help but answer it. I needed good news, I needed something to save me from this, and I wished that the phone call, was my saviour.

“Hello.” I picked it up, and lifted a high five, asking them to wait.

“Good evening, is this a relative of Mr. Imran AKA Buluberry?” Asked a friendly female voice.

“Oh no, Look if you’re pregnant with his child then I’m not going to help him again, I’m sorry, Paris Hilton was the last draw.” I said with my eyes closed, for I was truly sorry.

Apple looked at me with a shocking face. I knew I had blown a big secret, I shook my head, trying to cover up, but I knew it was useless. Jizzy heard it too, and he could not help but say;

“Paris Hilton?! Way to go grandson! Reminds me of myself in the old days, good times, gooood times.” Jizzy talked to himself, and nobody cared.

“Er, no, I am calling from KL General Hospital, Bulu was in an accident, he is currently unconscious, you should come here ASAP” said the nurse.

My Sony Ericcsson phone slipped from my grasp, and it fell down swiftly. I rushed myself to leave the hall, but I was stopped by the mistress.

“And where are you running to?” Asked Tiny sarcastically.

“The hospital, Bulu was involved in an accident.” I said with haste, turned around and walked.

“You are not going anywhere boy!” Scolded Tiny.

“But Bulu’s in the hospital!” I said.

“Mush, take your mother to the hospital. Tell Bulu I shall pray for his health.”

Mush could only obey, and as for me who was obviously at fault, disobeying was not an option. Right after the two left, the hall became silent, silent as a winter’s night.
“So who’s going to tell me what’s going on here?” Asked Tiny gently.

“Me, I’ll tell you everything. I can’t take this anymore, and I won’t!” Said Ribena with emotions.

“All right then, entertain me.” Said Tiny.

I could not do anything. I tried coming up with excuses as Ribena disclosed every bit of drama since the start of the dinner. She did not even miss the part where Jizzy missed Zombi Kampung Pisang 2, The Zombies’ Revenge. I took a look at my wife, and she was clearly still sad and disappointed. Heck, I myself was disappointed in me.

Somewhere along the Federal Highway, Mush was driving with speed and with care, heading straight to the general hospital with his mother by his side. Apple looked out towards the road sides, but in her mind, sweet and bitter memories of college were being played, inevitably toying with her emotions. Mush realized this happening, but he could not do anything, he was never informed that his mother and Straw were actually college lovers, despite it lasting for only four months. Apple smiled as she recalled the day Straw convinced her she was the one, convinced her of the impossible, but now she knew, everything, was a lie, or rather, a huge mistake. She smiled wider as she recalled the day she fell for Bulu. Everything seemed easier back then, everything seemed in grasp, but now, they had all shattered. As Mush continued driving to the hospital, Apple took her time, strolling down memory lane.

Ribena was always good at story telling. She always told stories filled with emotions and laughter.

“So that’s about it then?” Asked Tiny as she looked at me.

“Yes, OH, and the curry chicken was awesome!” Continued Ribena.

“I see…SO what do you have to say for yourself Straw?”

“Look, granny Tiny, I made a mistake, okay? I’m sorry.” I apologized honestly.

“Sorry? Well sorry’s not good enough my boy! What have gotten into you? What have gotten into Apple? What have gotten into all of you?! I left this house four months ago and everything was fine, everyone was happy. We talked about having more kids, remember Smelly?! Whatever happened to that?” Asked Tiny. She was clearly angry, and dissatisfied.

“I got busy with work…” Confessed Smelly.

“Straw I can’t believe you wanted to divorce your wife so you could repeat your mistake all over again. Didn’t your break up with Apple clearly say that you both are not meant for each other?!” Scolded Tiny.

“I told you, it was a mistake. Smelly was never there for me, and Apple was.” I let everything out.

“Yea, of course she was, Smelly here, is the founder of a talk show, that is going to be bigger than Oprah’s! Of course she’s busy! You should consider lucky that she comes home at times! And Apple! Of course she’s there for you! She’s a dance instructor with a studio next to your house! Could you please get your logic right!” Lectured our mistress. She was clearly angry and disappointed in us.

“Please, calm down hunny before you get a heart attack or sumtin!” Calmed Jizzy.

“I, apologize Granny Tiny, it was, a huge mistake on my part, and I promise, everything will be better.” I said.

“Apologize? Sorry? Apple and Bulu are divorced! This family is not perfect anymore!” Screeched Tiny.

“Please calm down granny tiny, we’ll fix this okay, we always get through.” Calmed Smelly.

“What would Syazzy and Isaberry say about this?....” Said Tiny faintly.

Tiny broke down, she could not accept that the family was falling apart. The family that seemed perfect two years ago, the family that had made millions in such a short period of time, the family that had at least four persons well-known in Hollywood, was now falling apart, was now decaying, was now separating from its core, was now dying, with constant irregular heartbeats.

THE END

WILL THIS FAMILY GET THROUGH THIS DARK AGE? WILL BULUBERRY EVER WAKE UP FROM HIS COMA? WILL APPLEBERRIE EVER STOP GOING THROUGH MEMORY LANE? WILL STRAWBERRY EVER BE FORGIVEN BY TINYBERRY? WILL KITTYBERRY EVER SAY SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS DRAMA? WILL RIBENABERRY EVER STOP DISCLOSING SECRET INFORMATION? AND WHO ARE SYAZZYBERRY AND ISABERRY?! FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE, OF THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA

1 comment:

  1. "Please, calm down hunny before you get a heart attack or sumtin!" AHHAHHAHA

    and YES! im a dance instructor with a studio awesome possum!!!

    will kittyberry ever say sth haha thats a good one love this episode!

    ReplyDelete