Friday, December 4, 2009

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep04 - Love and Forever Have Been a Lie, Until You

Previously on the Berries’ dilemma

“Could you say that again?” I spoke to my phone.

“Oi, you ni pekak ke?!” It was the usual Shells’ line.

“No, I just, wanna reconfirm.” I smiled as I said it.

“I, AM, COMING HOME, IN TWO DAYS”

“Straw it’s my fault okay. I accidently took the paper out. Don’t blame Apple.” Explained Ribenaberry.

“Shut up Ribena! No excuses!” I scolded her, I did not care who was at fault, I wanted to blame someone for my own mistake, I wanted to be selfish.

“Am I that bad of a wife?...That you are going to leave me...for your cousin’s wife?!” Shouted Smelly as she cried.

“I did not say I was leaving you for her.” I tried to lie, yet again.

“How dumb do you think I am?!” You two planned this!...”Smelly was now angrier than she was sad.

Episode 4 – Love and Forever Have Been a Lie, Until You

The first week was nothing but carefree activities. I could just, not come to class, and things would have still been fine. I thought everything was going to be as easy as this, until the third week. There I was, in the library, touching up on my first ever assignment. It was precisely 7.45am, and the assignment was due at 8. I took out my Sony Ericsson SX707, and gave Bulu a call.

“Dude, where are you?” It was my first question.

“On the way to college, you?” Replied Bulu.

“Library, touching up my assignment. Have you printed yours?”

“Yea, I printed it at home last night.”

I knew I was in trouble. I bet I was the only one who had not printed mine. After everything was done, it was already 7.52. I rushed to the printer; it was my first time using it. I lined up behind 2 females who were using them. My right wrist was lifted up none stop, trying to prove with each stroke that I was not going to be on time. It was my turn to use it after 3 minutes, I looked down to the screen, I had to type my ID and password. Everything was going smoothly, until I reached ‘password’. I needed a keyboard to fill that box. I searched through the exterior part of the printer, and ‘keyboard’ was not one of the fifteen buttons on the printer. Panicking at this very moment was inevitable, let alone it not being the right thing to do. I looked around me for help, I needed it, I threw my ego aside for that split second. As my grade seemed to be slipping down due to lateness, a familiar figure with long, black silky hair passed me by. She was holding papers as she rushed through the library, but I had to stop her.

“Hey”

She turned around, answering my call. She looked at me with her marble brown eyes. Her pupils indicated she was rushing, and so were mine. Little did I know, she was going to be my wife someday.

“Where’s the keyboard button for this?” I popped out my life and death question.

“It’s inside the screen.” She said as she smiled. It was not the regular greeting smile, nor the goodbye smile. It was a smile covering the huge laughter within her, the rude laughter that proved my foolishness.

“Oh, thanks.” I said.

“No problem, see you in class.” She replied.

It was the third week of college, and I had no idea that she was my classmate; I just thought she looked familiar. After printing everything, I reached the classroom, and it was 8.08, and after long minutes of rush, the lecturer told me that it was permissible to be late, and I sighed. I sat in the back row, as always, with Bulu. Pussy was on his right, and an empty space was on his right.

“Okay, have you guys remembered all of our classmates, not the names just, the figure.” I asked bluntly.

“Yeah.” Both of them answered simultaneously.

Class was typical as I did not listen much. I browsed through the classroom, remembering the faces that I was going to spend a year with. I saw the girl who practically saved my life that morning, she was sitting in the front row; that solved why I never knew her, as I was always at the back. Minutes of browsing around led me to this girl that came later than I did. I looked at her, forcing myself to remember any experience communicating with her, and I failed. She came and sat next to Pussyberry. She was wearing this eye-striking blue surfing shorts, matched with a dark blue top. I took the chance to communicate with her, trying to prove to myself that I was not a social outcast, and I was not the only one trying to get to know her. Pussy and Bulu even switched numbers with her, all I could do was look and smile. Then there was another girl that I had gotten to know. She was our project manager for English, and that reason alone provided me the lift off for a conversation. At the end of the day, manager girl, brown eyed girl, and surfing shorts girl, were all registered in my cerebrum.

Time was passing by quicker than quicksand. It had already been a year since I did not know how to use the printer properly. It was a regular day in college, we were all hanging out at Bali, having our usual breakfast. I spotted Bulu and Pussy, eating their Tom Yam fried rice without a care in the world.

“Guys, I need to talk to you both, preferably alone.” I initiated the conversation.

“Dude, eat first, talk later.” Said Bulu. I could not wait, I needed to tell someone about this, I needed to tell someone that I was in love.them so that were in range for whispering. It was gay to whisper to other guys, but I could not help it.

“Okay, so, I think, I’m in love.” I said bluntly.

“Fuyooo!! Good good, that’s not something that happens everyday!” Said Bulu.

“So, who’s the lucky gal?” Said Pussy with a failed French accent.

“Oh come on, you know who! The one from our class, with the long hair.” I explained briefly.

“Ahha! I knew it! Right from that moment when she saved you from that assignment right?!” Said Bulu excitedly.

"Yeah, I couldn't have done it without her help wei!"

The conversation narrowed down to love and relationships, and that was when Bulu confessed his feelings.

“Actually, I think, I am in love oso.” Confessed Bulu

“Ah wait, don’t tell me. She’s from our class right too right?” I hinted, letting him know that I had realized his intentions.

Bulu smiled, he knew he was obvious, and so was I. Throughout the whole day, we talked about how we planned to make the lovely ladies ours. We talked about the possibility, joked around about a future with them. It was blissful, just the thought of it. We were both 18, Bulu and I, and we were in love. Pussy on the other hand, had not met his ‘Miss Right’. Later that night, the guys were having their usually Guys’ Night Out, and the main topic, was the execution of plan ‘LOVE’. We discussed about how we were going to win the hearts of these two girls, and Z Shadows, was there as our dictator.

“You guys are in love? That’s good stuff.” Said Z.

“Yea, it’s a nice feeling but at the same time, frustrating wei!” I said with filled emotions.

“Just go with the flow guys, I am not going to tell you how to do this, because there is no right way to do this. Whatever you do, just be yourself, and have confidence la ok!” Explained Z calmly.

“Haih..Tell you what, dude, let’s confess tomorrow.” Bulu spoke with a straight face.

“Woah!” I was shocked at first, but later, everything made sense. “I’m aite with that!” I said, and it was final. We were going to confess our love the night after.

The next morning, we conducted operation ‘LOVE’. The first step was, asking them out. We did not know if it was wiser to go out together, me and bulu, but we decided to just let things flow. I went to the girl I was in love with, and asked her out for the night. She declined at first, saying she had work to do, but I persuaded her with every persuasion skill I learned in ‘Social Psychology’, and surprisingly, it worked, and she said yes. Bulu texted me that he got a yes too, and that alone was enough to make us the happiest guys in the world. The plan was going smoothly thus far, and we were getting nervous by the minute. I went to my beautiful, dark blue Viva, and cleaned everything on the outside and the inside. Every puzzle piece seemed to be falling to their respectful places, until I opened my leather wallet. I had exactly RM10 left, and it was far than enough for what I have in store for the night. I went to my mother or an emergency loan. She handed me RM100, and I could only smile widely, thinking of how I was going to confess that night.

The confession day seemed to have lasted forever, and after what felt like forever, night time finally came, revealing the blissful moon; the creature that borrowed the sun’s miracle light. My ‘Titus’ watch told me that I had 30 minutes left to start continuing operation ‘LOVE’. I texted Bulu, asking if he was ready; mentally, physically, and financially. The expected did not come, the thief who stole Bulu’s heart was unavailable for the night.

“She said she got church stuff to take care of.” Texted Bulu

Nevertheless, he told me that the plan had to be carried out, and I straight forwardly agreed. I drove as fast as I could to pick her up. I drove all the way to Klang just for her that night, and as expected, I foolishly gotten myself lost. Asking for directions was never a problem to me, hence, me being on time to pick her up. Well, I was a minute late. The girl of my dream came out of the house after I texted her about my arrival. She walked out, paired with tight blue jeans, a white top covered with a black sweater. Judging by heartbeat, I could tell I was turned on.

“Your on time, that’s a good start!” She said.

“I’m always on time for pleasure.” It was the coolest reply I could give, but I could have sworn it was not cool enough for me.

She smiled and so did I. I did not know if the smile was honest, in fact I did not care. Her smile was one thing I wanted to see that night, but of course, there was something else that I wanted, something, I wanted to hear. We drove to a fancy restaurant nearby. Fancy in name, never in looks. Despite the shady looking environment, the number of people within the restaurant was enough to convince me that it was a good place. We chose our table, and I pulled the chair for her to seat. It seemed awkward, it did not seem right. I was being someone unselfish that night, I was being someone else. The waiter came and took our order, and went away as quickly as he came. We had the usual empty talk, no conspiracies, no personal matters. Everything remained hollow until she popped up a question about relationships. She found out that I had multiple ex-es, I found out she only had 1, from her previous college. The conversation was going well, we were talking about relationships bluntly and honestly. I could tell she was having a good time, at least by her laughter. I could nor hold it any longer, I wanted to do it, I wanted to confess.

“Apple, if I told you I loved you, would you say it back?” I popped the millionaire question.

“WHAT?! You’re joking right?!” She said loudly. Despite the sudden ambush, she was smiling a little.

“Why? It is weird?” I replied.

“YEAH! I thought you liked someone else! Just stop it okay, I know you’re joking. Stop it you got me okay! I’m punk’d!. Said Apple.

I held her hands tightly, stared right into her eyes, and confessed.

“Apple, I look into those eyes, and I am convinced, that love and forever have been a lie, until you.”

Apple was shocked to no end. Her eyes were wide opened as if pulled by the evil gravity. She looked down to the floor, probably conforming whether or not this was happening, conforming whether or not it was a dream, conforming, whether or not that she had stolen a boy’s heart without knowing it.

THE END

WILL APPLE SAY YES TO STRAW? WILL BULU EVER GET TO CARRY OUT HIS PART OF THE PLAN? WILL THE MYSTERIOUS GIRL WHO STOLE BULU’S HEART EVER BE REVEALED? WILL WE EVER FIND OUT HOW BULU AND APPLE GOT TOGETHER INSTEAD? I’M SORRY, BUT YOU WON’T FIND THE ANSWERS ON THE NEXT EPISODE, OF THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA

3 comments:

  1. ADUH...sakit hati...I think i get the plot...hahahah...i'll tell u wat i think wen i see u...remind me to ask u bout it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAn!!! damn twisted right! gosh, shocked to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT WAS APPLE! OMG!!!! SO UNEXPECTED!!!

    ReplyDelete