Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep03 - War Cry


Previously on the Berries’ Dilemma


“If you mean sick of our undivided love then, yes, she is” Said Bulu in the most dramatic way.

“Sorry Jizzy, I’m gonna go and meet up with Pussy, I’m gonna go pick up Egg too.” Informed Bulu.

“Isn’t my son in boarding school?” Asked Smelly, curious and confused.

“He was on a break since last week. He’s been spending it with his fiancé.”

“Hey.” It was the only thing that got through my lungs. I was waiting for a reply, patiently waiting, for that single reply.

Episode 3 – War Cry

“HUNNY!” Shouted Smellyberry, she was always famous for being louder than others.

“Where the hell is he when you need him...” Mumbled Smelly, complaining as she continued her search around the humungous mansion.

His grey MYVI was cutting all the cars with ease, ignoring ethics on the road, aiming only at ‘Rock Cafe, Medan’. Bulu needed this. He needed the old ‘Guys’ Night Out’ to calm his messy head. Divorce, changes, being alone, everything was whispering darkness in his simple mind. He was driving at a hundred and sixty kilometre per hour, and for that split moment, nothing mattered, until the Kancil in front on him suddenly stopped. Bulu hit on his brakes as strong as he could, tires were screeching, cars were braking. Despite everything, it was inevitable. Bulu’s MYVI crashed the Kancil in front of him, gravity pulled him from in front, and he lost consciousness. As cars made noises, people rushing in and out to aid, the world continued revolving, as if nothing big had happened, as if no one had gotten hurt.

“Could you say that again?” I spoke to my phone.

“Oi, you ni pekak ke?!” It was the usual Shells’ line.

“No, I just, wanna reconfirm.” I smiled as I said it.

“I, AM, COMING HOME, IN TWO DAYS”

That was it, the confirmation that I desperately needed. Things were finally getting better in the midst of this desert storm, the silverspoon finally made itself visible in this penny. She was coming home, and she could not have picked a better time.
“Ill see you when I see you then.”

I put down the phone, and all I could do was smile.

Jizzy was witnessing his granddaughter in law pouring her heart out confessing to her only son. He listened carefully, but as always, his face was expressionless.

“And that’s about it. I trust that you will be able to carry on fine.You’re all...”She chocked, she teared, Appleberrie could not contain her sadness. She broke down, and cried.

“It’s okay mom, I’ll be fine...” Comforted Mushy as he hugged his mother.

Kittyberry was comforting his wife, who was crying endlessly whilst licking her fingers, fingers filled with curry flavour. Jizzy was continuing his dinner, as if eating pop corn while viewing a soap opera. Apple braced herself up, forced herself to stop crying, but she knew it was useless. Our family head asked the magic question one more time.

“What is actually happening Apple?” Asked Jizzy

“Nothing...Nothing is happening I just...I just..I need a change.” Answered Apple.
“Apple do you have lipstick in ur bag? All this chicken curry is messing up my lipstick” Asked Ribena and before Apple could even answer, Ribena had already taken her bag, inspecting every item carefully and slowly.

“NO DON’T OPEN MY BAG!”

It was too late. Ribena took out the annulment paper, visible to Jizzy’s sharp and big eyes, and put it on the dining table next to her plate. She continued staring the interior of Apple’s handbag.

“OH MY GOD, what is this?!” Asked Ribenaberry, shocked and petrified, and so was her husband, putting on his shocked face expression.

“Please...Don’t tell Straw about this. He was clearly insane when he made the annul-“

“I can’t believe you’re using lipstick cap Abu. It’s very petaling street la!” Scolded Ribena. All apple could do, was sigh in disappointment to Ribena’s random act.

Somewhere complexly far away, coordinated more than one hundred digits in the y axis, stood the man used to be known as Synyster Tan, patiently waiting for his sole bassist. He took a glance at his trustworthy swatch, looked up to the sky; it was grey, there was a heavy rain coming. Waiting was never this hard, he needed to see his friends, he needed a guys’ night out, but it looked as if it was not coming. Pussyberry looked down to the drain, disappointed and lonely.

Smellyberry went back to the dining hall, shamelessly admitted that she got lost while searching for her husband. Jizzy only laughed, for he too got lost sometimes inside his own house. I came into the hall, calm and collected, hiding my real feelings inside. My wife came to me as quickly as she could, and started scolding me for no reason.

“Where the hell were you?! I got lost looking for you!” Scolded Smelly.

“Damn, I thought I was bad with directions.” I said whilst smiling.

“Ugh, you’re unbelievable! Listen I got something important to tell you! It’s our son!”

“What about him?” I asked, confused.

“He’s been living with his fiancé since last week! Apparently, he’s on break!” Confessed Smell.

“It’s okay, Egg is a big boy now. We don’t have to worry about him forever you know.”

Smelly could only sigh, and all I could do was smile. I was ready to go home, with or without my wife, it had been a norm; sleeping alone without her. Sometimes when I got lonely, I would sleep with our family goldfish, goldy, I could not tell if she even knew, I could not tell if she was even home. Jizzy gave a loud cough, as if indicating that he was going to give a very important speech. I could not care, all I wanted was to go home peacefully. The big plan of my surprising divorce, the dramatic plan of getting married with Appleberrie, everything seemed less than feeble to me. I did not know what I was thinking when I planned to marry Apple. I guessed youngsters never knew what they wanted. I looked at Jizzy, bracing myself for whatever crap he was going to say.

“Straw, before you left this hall, you were saying something weren’t you? What was it again?” Asked Jizzy sarcastically, pretending as if he never knew.

“Oh...that... I er..I wanted to say that I want a...Holiday, with my wife. It’s been so long since we went for a honeymoon, it’s high time we do so.” I lied professionally, at least, that was what I thought.

“Really?! Honey we should go Rome again! Remember our first honeymoon?!” Asked Smelly.

“Of course I do. You were so happy back then...” I said faintly as I gazed into her brown eyes. I choked a little as I said it. It reminded me of a simpler time, it reminded me when love was in grasp.

“Oh, really now Straw? Are you sure that was what you wanted to say?” Asked Jizzy. It sounded very suspicious, it sounded as if he knew everything; he did. I looked at Apple, she looked down to the floor, afraid that this revelation would trigger my anger; it did.

“Straw it’s my fault okay. I accidently took the paper out. Don’t blame Apple.” Explained Ribenaberry.

“Shut up Ribena! No excuses!” I scolded her, I did not care who was at fault, I wanted to blame someone for my own mistake, I wanted to be selfish.

“Sayang! Why are you scolding her?!” Now my wife was curious and loud.

“Straw this is your fault too okay.” Said Apple.

“Yeah uncle Straw, you reap what friggin sow.” Said Mushyberry.

“What are they talking about?” Asked Smelly.

“Nothing honey, nothing you should worry about. Just shut up okay, all of you!” I shouted after attempting to calm my wife.

“Then what’s this?” Said Jizzy calmly, throwing the annulment papers on the dining table.

Smelly rushed to the table to fill her curiosity hole which was bigger than a bird’s nest. She read through it slowly and thoroughly, proving her personality of a perfectionist. I could only hope that she would not get angry. I could only hope and leave everything to god, I wished that she would not lose control of herself. I only hoped that she could forgive this honest mistake, my honest mistake. Smelly slowly aimed her eyes on mine, and after a few seconds, her eyes were watery. I could see it clearly; tears were coming out from her eyes. My heart dropped harder than a nuclear bomb. My heart was shattered into a million pieces when I saw her cry. Apple closed her eyes, wishing that the ground would swallow her up; giving her a route to escape from this horrid reality. Jizzy could only spectate. Smelly marched to me slowly but surely, she fisted both of her palms, lifted them up, and landed them swiftly on my chest as her head looked down. It was strong, it was supposed to hurt physically, but my pain receptors were long numb when I saw her tears. I tried to apologize, I tried to give her a hug to say that everything was going to be all right, but I could not do it, I could not move. Smelly looked down, her knees gave up on her, she was now on the floor.

“Am I that bad of a wife?...That you are going to leave me...for your cousin’s wife?!” Shouted Smelly as she scried.

“I did not say I was leaving you for her.” I tried to lie, yet again.

“How dumb do you think I am?!” You two planned this!...”Smelly was now angrier than she was sad.

“Please Smelly, calm down, it was an honest mistake.” Explained Apple.

Smelly got up, walked to her quickly, as if gliding. I knew what was coming next, but I could not do anything. Smelly lifted up the long black skirt she was wearing with her left hand, reloading her right hand with five angry fingers. Smelly went berserk, she gave Apple the loudest slap I have ever heard, and all that was on my mind was ‘Oh shit, don’t tell me I’m gonna kena also.’ Apple fell to the ground, weak and ambushed. Mushy got out of his chair and went to aid his mother. Smelly turned around, looking at me in the eyes. There were no more tears in her eyes, just fiery anger. She was coming toward me, I could feel it. As she rushed to where I stood, I could see Apple getting up, getting ready to ambush Smelly. Apple’s face showed nothing but desire for revenge, and as she conducted her ambush plan on Smelly, Smelly obliviously rushed to land her tight slap on her foolish husband. Jizzy’s eyeballs were popping out like egg yolks being boiled. Everything was happening too fast, everything was happening at once, everything, was going to cause painful noises and noisy pains.

THE END

WILL STRAWBERRY BE HIT BY THE LOUDEST SLAP IN THE WORLD BY HIS WIFE? WILL SMELLYBERRY EVER CALM DOWN? WILL APPLEBERRIE SUCCESSFULY CONDUCT HER REVENGE? WILL MUSHYBERRY JOIN THE SLAP FEST? WILL JIZZYBERRY FINALLY DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN WATCH? WILL ANYONE FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO POOR BULUBERRY? WILL PUSSYBERRY EVER GET HIS GUYS’ NIGHT OUT? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE, OF THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment