Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep08 - Showdown In Chinatown

Episode 8 - Showdown In Chinatown

It was always funny whenever we thought of the countless things we said that we didn’t mean, countless things we did that we could never take back, countless hearts we broke without even realizing it, and these things often happened when we were enraged, or sad, or dissapointed. We grew up, learning what maturity, patience and loyalty was all about, and yet even after all the hardships that we experienced, examples shown in reality and fantasy, we still could not escape from being the opposite of what we were taught to practice. I never meant to divorce my wife and got together with Bulu's wife. I never meant to influence Apple to hurt Bulu. Apple never meant to hurt Bulu when she asked for divorce. Bulu never meant to hurt Apple when he confessed about his love. Pussy never meant to hurt Holyberry when he accidently impregnated her.Life had always held this ability to keep you from being the person you yourself or any other soul or witty people told you to, and that reason itself made it worth trying, because the moment you were able to defy the twisted fate, and become the person you wanted to be, then that achievement alone was worth bragging.

We, the Berries, had always believed that we were all destined for greatness, no matter how doomed some situations might get, or how gloomy things became, we always believed that we could get through it, through anything, until now.

Bulu woke up after sleeping with tears, wondering the time and day it was. He forced himself to locate his mobile. He thought he was alone, until Mush’s hand reached out and grabbed the mobile first. Mush handed it to his injured father, who took it without saying a word. It was precisely 12 in the afternoon, much later than he could ever imagined. Both of them were silent and still for 5 long minutes, and the silence was broken out of the blue when the door was opened.

“You guys got the message?” Asked Pussy as soon as he entered the room.

“What message?”Asked Bulu, ignorant and curious.

“Family meeting tonight at 8.” Informed Mush.

“Could you tell Syaz and Belle I won’t be able to make it?” Requested Pussy.

“Why not?” Asked Bulu.

Pussy’s face turned gloomy. He wanted to tell him the truth, he had always trusted Bulu more than the other berries.

“I just, I just can’t do this right now. You know. Family meeting and all that…” Said Pussy faintly.

“And you think I want to do this?” Asked Bulu

Pussy and Mush both could only smile. They knew what was going to happen. Pussy was not going to come, but Bulu was. Bulu wanted to sort everything out. He wanted to tell everyone the truth, or rather, he wanted to tell Syaz the truth, the truth about the love of his life.

Jizzy was reading the day’s newspaper with a cup of coffee in front of him. His wife Tiny, still in her robe, came to him, looking like she had something to say. She sat down next to him, preparing her speech.

“What do you think is going to happen tonight?” Asked Tiny nervously.

“Hmmm?” He made the sound whilst flipping through the sports section.

“After yesterday, Syaz and Belle would surely have something to comment about our way of leading things!” Commented Tiny.

“Wait aaaa, lemme finish reading this…Looks like Alex Ferguson is still not quitting his job, that old guy.” Said Jizzy while smirking.

“JIZZY!” Screeched Tiny, and Cristiano shrugged in fear.

“What?! Aiyo why you shouting so early in the morning?!” Asked the angry Jizzy.

“Why are you being so insensitive about this?! And it’s almost 1 in the afternoon! GOD! This is all Straw’s bad influence!” Scolded Tiny.

“ACHOO!” I sneezed out of the blue.

“Apple must be missing you.” Said Smelly after giving me the assassin stare.

I sighed disappointedly. I thought she would have forgotten or at least decided to forgiven me, but by that comment, that wish had completely disappeared from my silly head. I took a sip of the red syrup I made while looking at my wife. Even during lunch, she still showed her angry heart.

“Honey, please enough already…I’m sorry all right.” I apologized for the thousandth time.

“Well sorry’s not good enough. I’m going out after this.” Informed Smelly.

“What? We have a family meeting tonight!” I reminded her.

“Yeah I know. It’s at night, and I’m going out now.” She corrected me rudely.

“Well where are you going?” I asked.

“None of your business. And unlike someone, I won’t go and have lunch with my college sweetheart and conspire to get married behind my partner’s back!” She said rudely and left the house quicker than anyone could say ‘Fuck me hard from behind’.

The two happiest and most carefree Berries were feeding each other pancakes after their main course. They laughed about the littlest things and frowned about the most feeble of events.

“You think we should go to the family meeting tonight?” Asked Kitty.

“Duh! Even though we are not the ones causing problems, we are still part of the family.” Said Ribena.

“Hmm, Syaz looked quite angry yesterday.” Said Kitty while wondering how the meeting was going to happen.

“I bet Syaz is going to scold Straw and Apple.” Suggested Ribena.

“Yea I think so too. Poor Smelly and Bulu.” Commented Kitty.

“That’s why! They didn’t do anything wrong and look what happened!” Said Ribena.

“That’s why we should have them over for a foursome!” Suggested Kitty who was currently filled with lust. Ribena could only laughed while feeding her husband more pancake.

The doctor, Mr Kevin Iron Bates, was scolding Bulu for the hundredth time for him wanting to leave the night for the family meeting.

“Like I was saying Kevin Iron Bates, this meeting is important and I really have to go!” Explained Bulu.

“But you are in no condition to leave the hospital my reckless patient.” Said Kevin as if he was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

“Alamak…This is serious doctor, don’t worry! I’ll take it easy!” Assured Bulu.

“You are one stubborn patient you know that! Just like Anakin Sykwalker!” Now, he thought he WAS Obi-Wan.

“Pretty pleasee?! How about, I get you something on my way back. I’ll get you anything you want!” Complotted Bulu.

“How many times do I have to- Wait, anything?!..HMMM…okay, don’t tell anyone I requested this but er…”

Kevin whispered his order to Bulu without letting anyone hear. Bulu could not believe his request as it was not only out of the norm, it was overwhelmingly embarassing. Kevin unabashedly asked Bulu to stay quiet about the request, and Bulu nodded in disbelief. Bulu packed some of his stuff, called Mush and requested aid for him to meet up for the meeting. He almost forgotten to tell Syaz of Pussy’s future absence, and before he could forget about it again, he decided to dial Syaz.

“Hey man, about tonight’s meeting, Pussy won’t be able to make it tonight.”

“Huh? Why not?” Asked Syaz curiously.

“He said he had some stuff to do.” Lied Bulu.

“Oh…Hmmm…One sec.” Syaz asked Bulu to hold on. Bulu could hear Belle faintly over the phone, having a conversation with Syaz. “Eh, you have the keys to Pussy’s house right?” Asked Syaz.

“Err, I think I-”

“EH DUN LIE AH I KNOW YOU HAVE IT HIHIHI” Belle shouted and cut in before Bulu could finish.

“EH DUN LA! I wanted to see if he was going to lie!” Scolded Syaz.

“KURANG AJAR! Damn you guys!” Scolded Bulu while laughing.

“Allright, so here’s the plan.” Said Syaz.

Minutes later, every Berry except for Pussy received a text message from Syaz. It was all in capital.

‘SHOWDOWN IN CHINATOWN’

All of the Berries understood what it meant. All of us were well aware of the inside joke that Pussy had with Chinatown. We did not question nor wonder about why the venue was suddenly changed, we could only obey.
Night came by quicker than any of us could imagine, quicker than any of us wanted. Cars were que-ing up already as soon as I parked my Porsche in one of the hundreds parking lots in front of Pussy’s bungalow. I came alone, I came prepared. I could see Mush and Bulu at the entrance.

“Where are the rest?” I asked Bulu.

“Waiting by the park for you and Apple to arrive.” Answered Mush, Bulu ignored me.

Apple arrived precisely a minute after I did.

“What a coincidence, looks like you guys are meant to be!” Commented Bulu sarcastically to me.

“Aww cmon man. I’m sorry. It was an honest mistake.” I apologized.

“Sigh, I trusted you man. I trusted that you weren’t going to go for Apple after you guys broken up.” Confessed Bulu.

“I know…And I’m sorry…” I apologized again.

“We’ll talk about it later la…” Suggested Bulu.

Mush, Bulu, Apple and I walked to the park at the right side of the house. Every Berry except for Pussy and his wife were waiting. By the look of things, the ones who were not there were not aware of the sudden change of plans. The park was decorated perfectly with cut grass, sunflowers and fountains. The Berries were sitting on the readied benches, and when they saw us walking to them, they stood up, getting ready for the showdown.

“All right, now that all of us are here. Bulu, if you would” Qued Syaz. That was his cue to open the door and barge in.

Bulu took out the keys and unlocked the door, and the rest of us entered with haste. Smelly was there, looking as angry and beautiful as ever. She was the only one that caught my attention, she was the only one, or rather, the most important person to get forgiveness from. The interior entrance of the house was filled with crosses and Christian related statues. Everything was white, everything was clean, and everything was not to be touched, warned Syaz. Bulu guided us to the entrance of the underground chapel that Pussy had been building. By the look of things, Pussy was not in the house. Bulu opened the wooden door that was stuck on the ground. It was camouflaged as if it was just a rug. The door led us to a long spiral hallway that was lit with candles and lanterns. We walked down quickly. Everyone had the same thought. IT’S THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS!

The surface or rather, the underground chapel was not as deep as it looked. We were amazed after witnessing the hand-made chapel done by Pussy over a year. It was like a real church, only underground and mostly wooden. Between the hundreds benches, sat Pussy, alone and sad. He turned around and was shocked after realizing our sudden intrusion.

“Since you could not come to the meeting, we decided to bring the meeting to you.” Said Syaz. “NOW, let’s talk.”

THE END


WILL THE MEETING FIX THIS BROKEN FAMILY? WILL STRAWBERRY BE FORGIVEN FOR ALL THIS? WILL STRAWBERRY AND APPLEBERRIE GET ALL THE BLAME FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED? WILL WE EVER FIND OUT WHAT KEVIN IRON BATES ORDERED? WILL KITTYBERRY AND RIBENABERRY EVER GET THEMSELVES INTO TROUBLES? WILL SMELLYBERRY STOP BEING ANGRY ALREADY?! FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF, THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA



No comments:

Post a Comment