Monday, January 18, 2010

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep12 - From Across, I Will Shade You

Episode 12 - From Across, I Will Shade You

People were made to be kind. We were, but somewhere along the path most of us got misled. We were misled to think the bad in people. Whenever someone decided to do something drastic, something that seemed mean, something that seemed irresponsible, we were misled to think that that person was doing it for all the wrong reasons. Why couldn’t we believe that maybe, just maybe, that person, was doing something that seemed irresponsible, out of kindness, out of care, and out of love? Leaving a loved one, stealing for a loved one, divorce, why couldn’t we see the silver lining in all these so called, irresponsible actions?

We saw through it that night though. As unbelievable as it was, there was no doubt that what Pussy was planning to do, had honorable intentions. It might seem selfish, it might seem as if he was running from his responsibilities, but what was hidden was that by running away, he was already fulfilling his responsibility.

“I can’t believe they fired us!” Screeched Tiny who was impatiently sitting next to Jizzy in their Mazda RX69.

“YEAH!” Replied Jizzy energetically while driving.

“And what’s worse, they gave our baton, to Straw and Smelly?! They were the ones who caused this problem in the first place! Now we’re the ones to be blamed for this?!” Tiny continued her complaint.

“YEAH!”

“Is that all you can say?!” Asked Tiny angrily.

“Y…Yeah?” Later, there was just silence.

Pussy’s heart was beating through his chest. We could tell by his face expression that he was not expecting this, and by ours’, every soul could tell we were panicked, every soul could tell, we wanted to go back home.

“Why is there a chapel underneath the house Pussy?!” Asked the angry Holy.
I couldn’t tell what Pussy was going to say. I could only tell that even the best liar in the world could not get away from this unscathed.

“And why are you hooligans here in-, underneath my house?!”

“It’s good to see you too.” Belle spoke out of the blue.

“I didn’t say it was good to see you. In fact, I find it saddening, and disappointing to find you, and the rest of you anywhere near my house!” Scolded Holy.

“Holy! Why are you blaming them for what happened?! It’s my fault okay! And yours too!” Now Pussy was angry.

“Me?! I’m to be blamed for getting myself pregnant illegally?!” Asked Holy sarcastically.

“If you’re blaming me for what I did, then you should blame yourself too because we were BOTH drunk!” Pussy came up with his comeback rather fiercely.
Holy shook her head in disbelief. She was angrier than she ever was. She did not care that there was a chapel built beneath her house, she did not care about the words that were coming out of Pussy’s mouth, all she wanted, was for everyone to leave her alone.

“Get out of my house, all of you!” Commanded the lady.

We all looked at each other, then to Pussy. All of our eyes were on him. We were patiently waiting for him to say the words he was supposed to say, or rather, the words that he planned to say. They were words that were able to set him free, they were words, that could make him the happy man he was.

“Holy, I have a proposition.” Said Pussy. Holy looked at him with impatient eyes. She could not wait, but she had to. “I know that this is what you want, so I will give it to you. I shall leave you, and live elsewhere, but at the same time, I shall give you whatever you need to take of the child. House, clothes, money, food, basically, anything.”

Everybody was waiting for Holy to say something. She looked down, quiet and silent for at least two minutes. We could not see what she was doing, we could not tell. The two minutes, the silent minutes that past us by seemed like eternity, and as what seemed like eternity ended, droppings of tears were bloomed, portraying either a broken heart, or a refined one.

“All this, was a mistake…” Said Holy while tearing. She covered her face with her gentle fingers and palms, broken and sad.

“This if for the best.” Continued Pussy. He did not know if it was true. Theoretically, it was the best, but who knew how Holy really felt. We did not know for sure if she was as strong, confident, and independent as she claimed to be. She could have been fragile, she was definitely lonely. Pussy thought of the possibility of repeating something, the possibility of repeating, a mistake.

“ACHOO!” Ribena sneezed as hard as she could.

“My god…”Complained Kitty who was driving slowly, as if he was love cruising.

“Haha, I kind of pity Jizzy and Tiny.” Said Ribena after a rather dishonest laugh.

“I feel the same too, but what can we do?” Asked Kitty who felt the same as his wife.

“We could complain to Syaz!” Suggested Ribena recklessly.

“No, what we should do, is just leave them alone. I’m really tired with all this drama, and more than half of them are not even our fault! Remember last time when we were living together in the huge castle by the hill?” Asked Kitty who was recalling the time when the Berries just got married and living together in a castle.

“OH my god yeah, all of us used to argue about the noise at night.” Ribena
too remembered their similar problem back then.

“Haih, Belle and Apple wouldn’t be able to stop moaning so loudly at night, Straw wouldn’t keep the hall tidy, Syaz and Bulu would invite too many people into the house and get way too drunk, Tiny and Jizzy only took care of their room and wouldn’t clean the rest of the house for some odd reason, Pussy’s guitar was too loud, Egg and Mush well, they were just adopted then so no complaints, and Smelly…She was never home.” Kitty listed the problems caused by everyone before.

“Yeah, but we always finished the food.” Said Ribena while smiling, and all her husband could do for a reply, was a bigger smile.

We were all now anticipating what Holy was going to say next. She was tearing for all the right reasons, we knew that much, but what no one knew, was how she felt about the proposition.

“You loathe me, I can’t change that, but I want to take care of you because I know I am responsible. But since you can’t even look at me without feeling pissed, I might as well leave, and take care of you from the other side.” Spoke Pussy wisely.

“I…I don’t loathe you. It’s just that, I…”Holy was choking between words, and she was too choked up by sadness to continue on. She was on bended knees, staring at the floor while tearing. Pussy went closer to her, went on bended knees, put his left hand on her right shoulder, lifted her chin upwards with his right fingers, and spoke.

“I’ll make sure you’re safe, always, from the other side.”

THE END

WILL HOLYBERRY BE ABLE TO CALM DOWN BY PUSSY’S COMFORTING VOICE AND WORDS? WILL KITTYBERRY AND RIBENABERRY EVER REALIZE THE DRAMA THAT THEY HAD CAUSE? WILL JIZZYBERRY AND TINYBERRY EVER ACCEPT THE NEW HEADS OF THE FAMILY? WILL I EVER ANSWER THE QUESTIONS I ASK IN THE NEXT EPISODE?! FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF, THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA


1 comment: