Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep13 - After + Math = Aftermath

Episode 13 – After + Math = Aftermath

Being in high places at night, often made people think. Present multiple cigarette boxes, a single lighter, teasing breeze, and more than 2 companions sitting with you near the balcony, and you were bound to preach life. Some of us were smokers, and some were not, but we all did it anyway. Having a shitty period was not an excuse for us to toy with tobacco, it was more of a reason.

We were sitting at the top of Syaz’s old mentari house. Miles and miles away, we could view the moving lights and hear various sounds clearly with a little help of customized imagination and a few puffs of Dunhill lights. Pussy was almost broken, he did what he had to do, with pride as a lion, yet that did not make it easy for him to swallow it. He spent 2 years, trapped in guilt, and married out of carelessness. He took yet another puff of Bulu’s cigarette, looking like he had something to say.

“Life’s getting tough man.” He started the long awaited conversation. Sitting by him were Syaz, Bulu, Jizzy, Mushy and myself. We all wore our troubled masks, some sitting and standing as if posing for an album cover.

“Yeah man, and I thought getting through college was tough” I replied.

“College was good stuff wei.” Commented Bulu.

“I’d do anything to go back.” Added Jizzy.

We all looked at Syaz for him to say something. He took a long puff as we looked at him, and replied seconds after.

“Life’s been great for me since college, till now.” He said and smiled, and we sighed in frustration as Syaz smiled widely.

“I thought that we were invincible man.” I said with regrets.

“You and Smelly?” Asked Bulu.

“Not just us, all of us, I thought we could get through anything, everything. We have the money, we have the power, and we have love.” I explained wisely.

“We HAD love.” Pussy corrected me. Everyone kept silent, and took another long puff from their cigarettes. I stared down from 20 floors high, and at times, I wish I could go back in time by jumping down.

“Looks like things are starting to get better, right?” Ribena started speaking after the girls had their dinner. Surrounding the table were Tiny and Smelly.

“Better than your house at least.” Commented Tiny while rolling her eyeballs, scanning Ribena’s messy house.

“Haha! Good one!” Commented Smelly.

“Oi! I’m being serious here ok!” Ribena tried to assure everyone of her seriousness.

“I don’t know anymore, and I don’t care. All I know is, Smelly, I hope you’re not going to disappoint us now that you’re head of the family.” Said Tiny.

“It should be okay, like she said, things are starting to look better.” Smelly shared her insights.

“Things are not looking better man.” I told the guys. “My wife is probably still mad at me about the divorce thing, Pussy’s had his house given away, Bulu is smoking more than ever, and got the friggin accident, Mush now has separated parents and Syaz, is having his friggin time of his life being happy!” I continued, and everyone smiled widely but not as wide as Syaz did.

“Don’t forget that you’re smoking, which should make your wife angrier than she already is.” Mushy continued the list.

“Sigh...Whatever.” I said in distress.

“Where the hell do we go from here man.” Pussy asked.

“I don’t understand why you guys have this drama. You guys have been married and together with your partners less than me and Belle. You guys got together with your partners about 2 years ago, and already you guys are facing this? What the hell right?” Syaz preached wisely, and again, it got everyone to shut their mouths, grasping the cigarette with our lips.

“2 years isn’t that long.” Smelly told Ribena and Tiny. “I thought that this year would still be our honeymoon year, but apparently it’s already DIVORCE year. God I wish he’s here to hear this.” Said Smelly.

“Who?” Asked Ribena foolishly.

“STRAWBERRY LA!” Tiny and Smelly shouted to the owner of the house.

“So...Where do we go from here?” Asked Tiny.

“How about accepting my apology Smelly?” Apple’s voice came from behind Smelly. Everyone looked behind, surprised of the sudden invasion. “The front door was unlocked.

“How did you know we were here?” Asked Smelly with slight anger.

“Straw told me.” Answered Apple.

“Oh of course you would be talking to my husband.” Smelly replied with sarcasm level 10.(Maximum level btw)

“Look this isn’t about him, it’s about you and me, I’m sorry all right, it was a mistake.” Apple apologized.

“I told you, I’m not angry at you, I just don’t want to see your face, ever again.” Confessed Smelly.

“Fine, accept my apology and you’ll get what you want, but know this, Straw and I, we’re just friends now.” Apple said her piece and left.

“...I thought..you guys were ok already?” Asked Ribena.

“Ok is not the word, just because I’m quiet it doesn’t mean I’m ok with it.” Explained Smelly.

“I don’t know when things are gonna be ok man.” I told the guys. “ Can’t believe all this started out with an honest mistake.” I continued.

“Look at it this way, thanks to you, I got to be honest with myself and Apple.” Bulu tried to look at the ever-elusive silver linings. “And at least Pussy is free now, you shouldn’t feel guilty anymore dude. It was not your fault, nor hers. Both of you made a mistake, right now you guys are just fixing it.” Bulu continued his presentation of optimism.

“That’s right la man!” Jizzy finally said something.

“Shuddup la you you’ve been quiet all this time suddenly wanna barge in.” Syaz started his famous teasing lines. All of us couldn’t help but laugh as hard as we used to do during college. In the midst of the laughter, the intro of ‘Anything’ by Mae started playing in my right pocket. I took out my back up phone, Sony Ericcson Satio XXI, and saw SHELLS flashing on my screen, and all of a sudden, things did not seem as bad as they were before.

THE END

WILL STRAWBERRY EVER STOP CHANGING PHONES? WILL JIZZYBERRY EVER START TO SPEAK MORE? WILL SMELLYBERRY EVER FORGIVE THE PEOPLE THAT SHE LOVES? WILL RIBENABERRY EVER STOP EATING IN HER SCENES? WILL BULU EVER FIND HIS LONG LOST LOVE? WILL PUSSYBERRY FIND LOVE AGAIN? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF, THE BERRIES’ DILEMMA.


No comments:

Post a Comment