Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Berries' Dilemma S01 Ep15 - Our Home Is Our Love

Episode 15 - Our Home Is Our Love

We all gave it a rest. We gave each other a well deserved rest. It had been two months since the showdown in Pussy’s house. I was kicked out by my wife when she found out I smoke 2 days after, but it was not only because of that. I lived with since Pussy since. Bulu was still living in his house with Mush, although they spent most of their times at Pussy’s, bringing his bass guitar, creating musical fusion. Jizzy and Tiny flew to Arab for business concerning Petronas. Smelly kept herself busy for the last 2 months working and sleeping alone. Kitty and Ribena were traveling everywhere, gathering up the best cast and crew to create this movie he was planning, and Apple, nobody ever saw or contacted her since 2 months ago. We never talked to each other about what happened after that night. We all moved on, living the past behind. Nevertheless, history had this creepy ability to catch up to us no matter how far or fast we ran.

It was a perfect morning after a night none of us could forget. Pussy had a party last night to celebrate their new song. It was the first one ever written after their last platinum album. It was already noon by the time we woke up.

“You know we can’t keep going on like this.” A familiar voice told me as soon as I got up from the couch. It was Bulu. I gave a long sigh before I replied.

“Yeah I know, I thought we were just, taking a time off.” I stated.

“I don’t mind having you guys around, but we need to get our lives back man.” Now Pussy was into the conversation.

I took a look at my phone, praying and inevitably hoping that my wife had text me, or called me, or something, but there was nothing.

“We should go get breakfast.” I suggested.

Somewhere in KL, Smelly was having a meeting with her crew about the upcoming shows.

“We need a new approach, a gimmick. Everything has been going great so far, but it’s time we take it up a notch. Does anyone here have any idea how we can do this?” Smelly asked.

“How bout having family over at your work place?” A familiar voice came from the back.

“Mush!” Smelly shouted excitedly.

“Good afternoon, I er, thought I should, lend a helping hand. That ok?” Mush asked.

“Of course of course. Everyone, this is my nephew.” They exchanged hellos.” All right, now does anyone have a serious answer?” Smelly asked again.

“How about we have life bands performing after each show?” Asked a female voice.

“We already have that.” Smelly said.

“We have singers sing, but not ACTUAL bands with their own, guitarists and whatnot. Rock music is famous these days.” Suggested the female voice.

“Not a bad idea, and I know a few people from the music industry.” Mush confessed. Smelly smiled happily, but Mush knew that it was fake, she was thinking about her family, she was thinking about her other life that was falling apart.

Mamak was always our favorite, let it be when we were rich or poor. SS15 was still as famous and packed as ever.

“Anyone heard from the rest of the family recently?” I started the conversation that afternoon.

“Not really, aside from being told that some of us were leaving for work, nope.” Bulu answered.

“So Apple still hasn’t contacted any of us?” I asked while looking gloomy.

“Nope, I really hope she’s fine.” It was Bulu who replied me again.

“I guess going to the police, is a bit too much?” Pussy finally spoken.

“Since she left us a note then, yeah, I guess there’s nothing we can do.” Said Bulu.

We weren’t very talkative that afternoon. We patiently waited for our food while being silent, but we weren’t daydreaming, or fantaszing about hooking up with a Hollywood actress, we were thinking, thinking hard about this unsolved problem. I was missing my wife more than ever. Bulu was thinking about the girl she wanted to marry, and Pussy, was also thinking about his first serious love which took place a year before college ended. For the past 61 days, there was not a single second where either of us didn’t think about love. There was a time when we promised to ourselves to never take advantage of the love we had, to never sabotage the happiness god had given to us, but that promise wasn’t kept, it was broken only 2 years after being made. It took us over 20 years to realize how golden love was, yet we kept on being foolish, for what reason? Temporary pleasure, bad judgement, over excessive shots of tequila? Or tempting triangles? Whatever the reason was, nothing was worth giving up our hard earned love.

In the middle of our quiet lunch, Pussy’s phone starting buzzing. It was Jizzy.

“Hey man.” Pussy answered.

“Hey, eh could you tell the others that I’m coming home in 3 days? Just in case you guys are wondering.” Jizzy informed.

“Yeah sure sure, how are you man? Hows Arab?” Pussy asked.

“I’m good I’m good, how’s Arab? Very sandy man, I can’t wear slippers at all!” Jizzy replied.

Pussy could be seen laughing and enjoying his talk with someone from the family.

“I think, I think I’m gonna go back home, and talk to Smelly.” I told Bulu ask Pussy continued his phone call.

“Yeah I think it’s about time man. And I think I’m going to search for her seriously now. As you know, I DO have connections.” Bulu said sarcastically.

“Haha, so you’re gonna stalk her now?” I asked with the same amount of sarcasm.

“If that’s what it takes to get to her hol- I mean, HEART!” And I couldn’t help but laugh.

After lunch, we went back to Pussy’s to pack our stuff. Bulu was going to go around looking for his love, and I wanted to get mine back in one piece. We exchanged thanks and temporary goodbyes, and good lucks in executing our desires successfully.
It didn’t take long at all for me to reach home. That evening I was already unlocking my door, hoping that my wife was in a good mood. I opened the door, and found her having a big laugh with a familiar figure on the couch.

“Mush?” I asked from the front door.

“Oh, uncle Straw, you’re home.” He said in awe.

“Yeah…Yeah I thought it was time for me…Smelly could we er, could we talk?” I asked earnestly. She put on her angry face in an instant.

“I think I er, should leave.” Mush said awkwardly.

“Come back tomorrow and we’ll discuss about the project again.” Smelly informed Mush loudly, hoping to annoy me to no extent.

“Aye yai boss.” Mush replied and left.

“I see you two, are having fun.” I said after Mush shut the door.

“What do you want Straw?” She asked rudely.

“I want my life back.” I told her.

“So you haven’t been living for the past 2 months is that what you’re saying?” She was being sarcastic more than usual.

“Look you know what I mean! I need to live here again, and I need you. God, do you know how much I missed you?” I continued.

“Oh? Not calling or leaving a message to say that you’re fine for the past 2 months, REALLY really convinced me that you missed me.”

“So you were worried?”

“I told you…I-.I don’t care anymore.” She was breaking, that solid wall she created, was being destroyed. She was tearing on the inside much more than the outside.

It was one of those moments when the guy would hug the girl, and everything would turn out all right. I knew it was, I was about to do it, until my phone started ringing. Inevitably I took it out, looked at it, and saw the caller id. I picked it up with Smelly tearing in front of me. I knew I shouldn’t have answered any phone call, or let anything at all to ruin this epic moment, but I had to pick it up, I had to.

“Where are you?” I answered the phone while staring into my wife’s crystal brown eyes that were twinkling, twinkles that were refracted by her pure colorless tears.

THE END

P.S - NEXT EPISODE IS THE SEASON FINALE :D

No comments:

Post a Comment